TERMS AND CONDITIONS
for the provision of services
§ 1. Definitions
1. Terms and Conditions – the present document.
2. Service – foreign language teaching (85.59.A), tutoring (85.59.B), translation (74.30.Z), proofreading and editing (82.19.Z), scientific activity in the humanities (72.20.Z). Relevant codes according to the Polish Classification of Activities (PKD).
3. Service Provider – the entity providing Services under the Terms and Conditions.
4. Client – a natural person, legal person or organizational unit without a legal personality but with the capacity for action, who makes use of the Services provided by the Service Provider under the Terms and Conditions.
§ 2. General provisions
1. The present Terms and Conditions specify the rules of the provision of Services by the Service Provider.
2. The Service Provider declares that their knowledge and skills, as well as the equipment and materials at their disposal are sufficient to provide the offered Service, which has been agreed upon with the Client.
3. The subject matter of the Service and the form of its provision is agreed upon with the Client through electronic correspondence, text messages, or a direct or phone conversation.
6. The Contract is considered to have been concluded if the Service Provider has submitted an offer including the subject, form, completion date and cost of the Service, and if they have been accepted by the Client.
7. Tutoring Services are provided: in the stationary form at the Service Provider’s legal address, by commuting to the Client’s address, or through the LiveWebinar platform. The results of the translation, proofreading and editing Services are delivered in a physical form (as printouts) or an electronic form (in a DOC format).
8. The Contract between the Service Provider and the Client may be in a written form (the template is available on the Service Provider’s Website). The Terms and Conditions are then attached as an appendix to the Contract.
9. Each party has the right to terminate the Contract in writing upon one month’s notice, which is effective at the end of the calendar month.
§ 3. Language courses
1. Language courses are conducted on a rolling basis.
2. The Client agrees with the Service Provider on the date of the classes (day of the week and time). For this purpose, the Client may consult the schedule available on the Service Provider’s Website.
3. The arranged day of the week and time apply in the following weeks, until they are changed by mutual agreement of the Service Provider and the Client. In case of people working in shifts or being in a similar situation, it is possible to change the date even from one week to the next. To change the date, an appendix to the Contract must be signed, if the Contract has been concluded in a written form and includes a specified date.
4. The Client has the right to cancel the arranged class or to reschedule it to another available date without incurring additional costs until 11:59 p.m. on the day preceding the arranged date. An effectively delivered message (text message, e-mail, Messenger) on the matter is considered sufficient and does not require to be confirmed by the Service Provider in a separate message in order to be valid. In case the deadline is exceeded and the class is cancelled on the agreed date, the Client is obliged to pay for the cancelled class as if it took place on time.
5. If the Client cancels the classes repeatedly (equal to or higher than 50% of what was originally planned within 2 calendar months), it may be the basis for the termination of the Contract by the Service Provider with immediate effect.
6. In case the Service Provider cancels the class, the Client is entitled to have it conducted at another mutually convenient time, or to receive a reimbursement of the costs if the payment was made in advance.
7. The Service Provider keeps records of the conducted classes.
8. At the end of each calendar month, the Service Provider prepares an invoice for the month on the basis of the records and submits it to the Client.
9. The Service Provider provides the Client with photocopied materials to assist in the classes.
10. The Client is obliged to provide themselves or their employees with the course textbook.
§ 4. Tutoring
1. Tutoring is conducted on an interim or a rolling basis.
2. In case of tutoring conducted on a rolling basis, as well as tutoring not related to foreign languages, the provisions of § 3(3) shall apply.
3. The Service Provider bases the classes on the textbook used and presented to them by the Client and, if necessary, supplements it with their own materials.
4. In all other respects, including tutoring not related to foreign languages, the provisions of § 3(2, 4-9) shall apply.
§ 5. Translation
1. Texts are translated from a foreign language into Polish or from Polish into a foreign language.
2. The time required for translation depends on the current availability of the Service Provider, but generally amounts to no more than 5 standard pages (1800 characters each) per day.
3. The details of the translation Services are determined individually with the Client.
§ 6. Proofreading and Editing
1. Proofreading and editing Services include standard texts and specialized texts on classical philology, theology or history.
2. The time required for proofreading and editing depends on the current availability of the Service Provider and, depending on the scope of work, may vary from 5 to 20 standard pages (1800 characters each) per day.
3. The details of proofreading and editing Services are determined individually with the Client.
§ 7. Commute
1) It is possible to provide Services in a different place than at the Service Provider’s legal address.
2) The Client may be charged for the travel to the place where the Services are provided, which shall be added to the cost of the Services in accordance with the scale of charges available on the Service Provider’s Website.
3. By choosing the option of commute, the Client thereby incorporates it into the Contract as a form of the provision of Services, while by forgoing it in favour of stationary or electronically conducted classes, excludes it from the Contract. Changing the decision on choosing or foregoing the option of commute requires an appendix to the Contract to be signed, if the Contract has been concluded in a written form.
§ 8. Payment
1. The Service Provider agrees with the Client on the individual pay rate for the Services, basing on the offer available on the Service Provider’s Website. It is not an offer within the meaning of the Civil Code.
2. Payment can be made by cash, card or telephone in the case of Services provided in direct contact with the client. In other cases, it is possible to pay by bank transfer to the account of the Service Provider, according to the amount specified in the invoice.
3. Transfer details are available on the Service Provider’s Website as well as in the invoice.
§ 9. Final provisions
1. The Terms and Conditions shall go into effect on 1 September 2021.
2. The matters not covered by the Terms and Conditions are governed by Polish law.